Utterly game changing. Paired with the PFC11 pads this brake kit has transformed my Model 3 both on track and off it. So much braking power but also such precise feeling and feedback. I don’t think ever even got near to the limits of this kit yet but already dramatically improved my laptimes - paired with Castrol SRF I’m not sure I could ever get these to overheat or fade…
Model 3 Big Brake Kit (Front)
*** Current lead time 8-10 weeks ***
Specifically developed for use on track, this front brake upgrade kit will give you immense stopping power, even when stone cold.*
This kit will fit all Model 3s with 19" or 20" wheels and will even clear some aftermarket 18" wheels (subject to rim design - please discuss before purchasing).
AP Racing CP-9660 6 pot calipers (Grey anodised finish as standard. Colours/ENP optional)
AP Racing 378x34mm Vented rotors (Slotted as standard. J-hook optional)
Tevo custom made bells and caliper brackets (Grey anodised finish as standard. Colours/ENP optional)
New caliper & bracket bolts
Key features and benefits
Optimised to work with the factory fitted master cylinder and rear brakes. We also offer a Big Rotor upgrade kit for the Model 3 Performance rear brakes, but if you only want to upgrade to big brakes at the front, this kit will perform perfectly and not affect overall brake balance.
Weight saving - even though these brake rotors are bigger than the OE ones, the disc/caliper package overall will save on unsprung weight.
Common pad shape for a wider choice of pad compounds and thicker pad for better wear and heat management.
Calipers are anodised, pistons are stainless steel. Stainless steel pistons are much better than aluminium as they help prevent the brake fluid from overheating.
This caliper has only been available up to now with a grey anodised finish but there are now other options available including custom colours and electroless nickel plating (ENP). Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
The pistons on these calipers have silicone seals rather than rubber dust boots. This helps them resist heat damage.
Pads can be changed without having to remove the caliper. Pad swaps take a few minutes to do with minimal tools.
2 piece 'floating' discs using AP's motorsport experience with 72 cooling vanes to create increased airflow for better heat management. We supply slotted rotors by default, but the J-hook version is also available as a special order.
Billet aluminium, hard anodised brake bells and brackets for weight saving and maximum durability.
Made and assembled in the UK!
Weight (each, dry, no pads): 2.8kg
Piston area: 50.1 cm2
Max. pad thickness: 18mm
4lb anti-knockback springs fitted as standard
Size: 378mm x 34mm
Weight (each, including bells): 10kg
Vanes: 72 directional
- Rotors are supplied mounted to the bells and in a way which allows expansion but prevents disc rattle, which can be a problem with fully floating discs, particularly when fitted to EVs with no engine noise to drown it out.
- Calipers are supplied with anti-knockback springs fitted to eliminate pad knockback. They can easily be removed if you would prefer not to use them.
- We would strongly recommend fitting optional pad tension springs to stop pad rattle with this setup. There are cheaper ones but we sell these ones as they are the best currently available.
- Pads are not included with the kit - please contact us for options. We chose this caliper as there's a good selection of pads available from AP, Carbotech, Ferodo, PFC, Pagid and others. Speak to us and we'll advise. The pads we would recommend starting with are these.
- We recommend fitting our braided brake lines with this kit and replacing the brake fluid with Castrol SRF.
Discs must be regularly and frequently inspected for excessive heat crazing and cracking.
Discs with cracks emanating from mounting holes / slots, inside diameter, scallops, or outside diameter should be changed immediately.
After heavy and prolonged use some surface crazing will often be evident. If this turns into distinct surface cracks which are radiating towards the inside or outside diameter the disc should be changed.
IF IN DOUBT REPLACE - Replacement Disc Kits
Tevo can arrange installation for you at extra cost.
* Correct pad choice is very important to ensure your brakes will work well in all conditions.