Be the first to review this product.
Tesla Model 3 EPB service cable
If you want to fit new rear brake pads to your Model 3, the electronic parking brake (EPB) adjuster needs to be fully retracted before you can push the piston back into the caliper. Just putting the car into 'tow mode' won't allow this.
This handy cable allows you to use a standard PP3 9V battery to operate the EPB motor attached to the rear caliper and fully unwind the mechanism before using a pad spreader to push the piston back.
Once the new pads have been fitted and the caliper is re-attached, simply reconnect the EPB harness. It will self-adjust for the new pads.
- Ensure the car is in tow mode and you've heard the EPB motor unlock the rear wheels. Check the rear hub turns freely.
- Unplug the connector from the EPB motor on the caliper (before or after removing the caliper) and plug in the Tevo EPB service cable.
- Connect a 9v battery to the service cable and you will hear the motor wind back fully and then stop.
- Unplug the Tevo EPB service cable from the motor.
- Now you can use a pad spreader to push the piston back into the caliper and install new brake pads.
- Re-attached the caliper and plug the EPB connector back in. When you exit tow mode, the EPB will re-calibrate to the new pad thickness.
Note: PP3 battery not included